The Stanford History Education Group offers a range of professional development options for teachers across grade levels. From webinars to week-long workshops, SHEG staff provide professional development that prepares history/social studies teachers to meet the new Common Core State Standards. Workshop topics include:
- Using the Reading Like a Historian curriculum
- Formative assessment with Beyond the Bubble’s History Assessments of Thinking
- Teaching students to think historically
- Developing document-based lessons and assessments
- Facilitating classroom discussions about historical topics
- Modeling historical reading of primary documents
- Supporting students to develop evidence-based arguments
SHEG staff can tailor professional development to meet the particular needs of your school or group. For more information or to schedule a workshop, please contact us.
If you are interested in learning more about how to use Reading Like a Historian lessons, the Teaching Channel has a series of videos about how teachers use these materials in their classrooms that you can watch here. If you are interested in learning about how to use Beyond the Bubble assessments, our Going Deeper videos may be useful resources.